It's been an exciting year for StateoftheART, both online and in our intimate gallery space in the Cape Town city centre. With bustling First Thursday evenings, solo exhibitions, private sales as well as corporate commissions we've been busy!
In December we added new functionality to our website to give international customers the option of having suitable paintings removed from the frame, rolled and freighted in a sturdy tube instead of crating; a considerable cost saving on large works.
We could fill several pages with the achievements of all our artists but here are some of the highlights:
- selected to go to South Korea as part of the Global Nomadic Art Project;
- works selected by financial services company Portfolio Metrix for their new Johannesburg office.
- selected for group exhibition ‘Fear & Loss: The Industrial Karoo’
- two person exhibition ‘It’s In My Nature’ at Liebrecht gallery, Somerset West.
- first artist outside of Denmark to be commissioned by the Danish Society of Engineers IDA på DTU to paint a portrait of their Chairperson, Frida Frost.
- solo exhibition ‘Obsessed With Ourselves’ at StateoftheART, Cape Town
- selected for group exhibition ‘Aesthetically Vogue’ at Eclectica Design and Art, Cape Town
- Exhibited at That Art Fair, Cape Town
- sellout solo exhibition at Worldart gallery, Cape Town
- Top tip in GQ South Africa – 5 South African Artists You Should Know
- joint winner of 2015 Tollman Bouchard Finlayson Art Award for a piece titled Always On My Mind.
- selected for the exhibition ‘Four Horsemen’ at Equus Gallery, Cavalli Estate, Somerset West.
- commissioned for 3 works by South African poet
- selected for group exhibition ‘Aesthetically Vogue’ at Eclectica Design and Art
- Solo exhibition ‘Somewhere Between Abandonment & Love’ at Youngblood gallery, Cape Town
- Selected for group show 1 x one at Grahamstown National Festival
- publication of the book ‘Still/Life in Motion’
- solo exhibition ‘Still/Life in Motion’ at Mogalakwena Gallery, Cape Town
- solo exhibition ‘Barfly’ at Worldart, Cape Town
- Solo exhibition Disintegration - artSPACE , Durban
- group exhibition Pulp Fiction – artSPACE, Durban
- group exhibition Inspirations VI: Durban Yesterday, Now and Tomorrow – artSPACE
- artSPACE Durban Artists Choice Awards 2015
- group exhibition Transformation, Incubation, Activation – KZNSA, Durban
In The Press
StateoftheART and artists Michaela Rinaldi, Juanita Oosthuizen, Chris Denovan, Lisette Forsyth, Janet Botes and Janet Ranson were all featured in the press
Our Top Selling Artists
Our top selling artists for 2015 – and the ones to watch in 2016 include:
To keep up-to-date with all our news sign up to our newsletter